Functionalizing Aluminum Oxide by Ag Dendrite Deposition at the Anode during Simultaneous Electrochemical Oxidation of Al
Authorized Users Only
AuthorsRafailović, Lidija D.
Article (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
A novel synthesis strategy is presented for depositing metallic Ag at the anode during simultaneous electrochemical oxidation of Al. This unexpected result is achieved based on galvanic coupling. Metallic dendritic nanostructures well-anchored in a high surface area supporting matrix are envisioned to open up a new avenue of applications. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
Keywords:anodic aluminum oxide / anodic oxidation / galvanic coupling / nanodendritic silver / transmission electron microscopy
Source:Advanced Materials, 2015, 27, 41, 6438-6443
- Weinheim : WILEY‐VCH Verlag
- Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) and the Government of Lower Austria, COMET
- Austrian Science Fund, Project J3397
- Austrian Science Fund, Project I1309
- United States Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Basic Energy Sciences, Grant DE-AC02-05CH11231