Show simple item record

dc.creatorBabic, Valentina
dc.date.accessioned2019-02-14T08:23:03Z
dc.date.available2019-02-14T08:23:03Z
dc.date.issued2017
dc.identifier.issn0350-1361
dc.identifier.issn2406-0755
dc.identifier.urihttp://dais.sanu.ac.rs/123456789/4885
dc.description.abstractThe paper discusses the structure and carved decoration of the restored marble sanctuary screen from the island of Koločep near Dubrovnik. Based on the early medieval history of present-day southern Dalmatia and the fragmentary inscription commemorating a queen as the donor of the screen, it may be concluded that she was one of the Serbian Doclean (Duklja) queens from the second half of the eleventh century. The inscription is the only evidence that the kings of Dioclea ruled over the Elaphite islands. The carved decoration is typical of the Middle Byzantine period (9th-12th century), with some regional traits. The only exceptions are the figures of putti. They can be associated with Romanesque architectural sculpture in southern Italy created in the late eleventh century, after the Norman conquest of this region. The author puts forward the hypothesis that the donor was Queen Jaquinta, wife of King Bodin (1081-1101), who was a Norman woman from Bari.en
dc.rightsopenAccess
dc.sourceZografen
dc.titleA sanctuary screen from the island of Kolocepen
dc.typearticleen
dc.rights.licenseBY-NC-ND
dcterms.abstractБабиц, Валентина;
dc.citation.spage51
dc.citation.epage75
dc.citation.issue41
dc.identifier.wos000435444900005
dc.identifier.doi10.2298/ZOG1741051B
dc.identifier.scopus2-s2.0-85049563197&
dc.type.versionpublishedVersion
dc.identifier.fulltexthttp://dais.sanu.ac.rs/bitstream/handle/123456789/4885/0350-13611741051B.pdf


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record