NIR photo-driven upconversion in NaYF4:Yb,Er/PLGA particles for in vitro bioimaging of cancer cells
Samo za registrovane korisnike
Đukić Vuković, Aleksandra
Nikolić, Marko G.
Rabasović, Mihailo D.
Costa, Antonio Mario Leal Martins
Članak u časopisu (Recenzirana verzija)
MetapodaciPrikaz svih podataka o dokumentu
Lanthanide-doped fluoride up-converting nanoparticles (UCNPs) represent the new class of imaging contrast agents which hold great potential for overcoming existing problems associated with traditionally used dyes, proteins and quantum dots. In this study, a new kind of hybrid NaYF4:Yb,Er/PLGA nanoparticles for efficient biolabeling were prepared through one-pot solvothermal synthesis route. Morphological and structural characteristics of the as-designed particles were obtained using X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), scanning and transmission electron microscopy (SEM/TEM), energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) and photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy, while their cytotoxicity as well as up-conversion (UC) labeling capability were tested in vitro toward human gingival cells (HGC) and oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC). The results revealed coexistence of the cubic (Fm-3m) and hexagonal (P63/m) phase in spherical and irregularly shaped nanoparticles, respe...ctively. PLGA [Poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid)] ligands attached at the surface of UCNPs particles provide their enhanced cellular uptake and enable high-quality cells imaging through a near-infrared (NIR) laser scanning microscopy (λex = 980 nm). Moreover, the fact that NaYF4:Yb,Er/PLGA UCNPs show low cytotoxicity against HGC over the whole concentration range (10–50 μg/mL) while a dose dependent viability of OSCC is obtained indicates that these might be a promising candidates for targeted cancer cell therapy. © 2018 Elsevier B.V.
Ključne reči:PLGA / bioimaging / cancer cell / human gingival cell / NaYF4:Yb,Er / upconversion nanoparticles
Izvor:Materials Science and Engineering C, 2018, 91, 597-605
- Racionalni dizajn i sinteza biološki aktivnih i koordinacionih jedinjenja i funkcionalnih materijala, relevantnih u (bio)nanotehnologiji (RS-172035)
- Generisanje i karakterizacija nanofotonskih funkcionalnih struktura u biomedicini i informatici (RS-45016)
- This is the peer reviewed version of the following article: Mancic, L., A. Djukic-Vukovic, I. Dinic, M.G. Nikolic, M.D. Rabasovic, A.J. Krmpot, A.M.L.M. Costa, et al. 2018. “NIR Photo-Driven Upconversion in NaYF4:Yb,Er/PLGA Particles for in Vitro Bioimaging of Cancer Cells.” Materials Science and Engineering C 91: 597–605. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msec.2018.05.081
- Published version: http://dais.sanu.ac.rs/123456789/3693
- Supporting information: http://dais.sanu.ac.rs/handle/123456789/5978