Microstructural and electrical properties of cordierite-based ceramics obtained after two-step sintering technique
Pavlović, Vladimir B.
Članak u časopisu (Objavljena verzija)
MetapodaciPrikaz svih podataka o dokumentu
Cordierite-based ceramic materials are attracting much interest for their various applications in industry, for manufacturing multilayer circuit boards, catalytic converters, filters, thermal insulation, kiln furniture, components of portable electronic devices, etc. In order to reduce production costs and modify cordierite-based materials, mechanical activation can be used. In this study, microstructural and electrical properties of mechanically activated MgO-Al2O3-SiO2 system have been analyzed. The mixtures of MgO-Al2O3-SiO2 powders were mechanically activated in a planetary ball mill for the time periods from 0 to 160 min. Morphological investigations have been performed on the obtained powders. The effects of activation and two-step sintering process on microstructure were investigated by scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Electrical measurements showed variations of the dielectric constant (εr) and loss tangent (tan δ) as a function of time of mechanical treatment.
Ključne reči:Mechanical activation / Two-step sintering / Microstructure / electrical properties / Cordierite
Izvor:Science of Sintering, 2016, 48, 2, 157-165
- Insternational Institute for the Science of Sintering
- Usmerena sinteza, struktura i svojstva multifunkcionalnih materijala (RS-172057)
- Algoritmi i softver za simulacije u frekvencijskom i vremenskom domenu RF podsistema i elektromagnetskih senzora u ICT (RS-32005)
- Grant Agency of the Czech Republic, Project 15-06390S
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MEYS) of Czech Republic - CEITEC 2020 [LQ1601]